You’ve stumbled on the best career ever.
In my experience, I was able to use transferrable skills to become an instructional designer.
My career looks like this swim teacher > call center for sales > MIS degree > call center for help desk > ID degree > escalation team call center for help desk > knowledge management > instructional design for a help desk
Retail Transferable Skills:
- Trained customers on self-check out
- Provided just in time training for new employees
- Made recommendations to operating documentation
- Created Point of Sale job aids
Call Center and Help Desk Transferable Skills:
- Collaborated with senior leadership for escalated calls
- Provided updates for training documentation and knowledge articles
- Researched resolutions for undocumented issues
- Trained and peer mentored for questions and issues
How To Create Portfolio
Up-skill what you know. Created your own training documentation, videos, and courses relates to your current role.
- Can you make a game of terms and definitions?
- Can you document a process, like using Teams or another application?
- Can you create a video for the top mistakes that you see people use?
Chameleon Creator has a free 7 day trial.
Adobe Express is free video maker.
7Taps lets you create a micro-course for free.