In most needs presentations, they go over the current state, tbe future state and the propose plan. I flip it. Leaders already know the current state, they know what’s wrong. They want to know how to fix it first.
When reviewing the organization and the needs, I look at the environment and the learner behavior.
What’s on my radar?
- Is there good behavior to model?
- Are there clear and measure goals?
- Are those documented?
- Is the software itself working?
- Can the learner?
- Are there resources custom to the job?
- Is the timely feedback or rewards for performance?
- How can the learners understand consequences?
- Or the big picture?
- Do they have the technical concepts?
- Written and verbal skills?
- Do they know what to expect?
- Do they desire to perform well?
- Do they care?